Monday 11 April 2011

La shukran.

The pictures are kind of out of order. I've been on a excursion trip to Jordan with my languages & travelling and religion & ethics class. We were 28 people. It was fun :) There are camels running loose in the streets of Aqaba, Jordan.

Yay on the snorkeling boat!

We went to a mosque on the last day. Limited amount of clean clothes left. Had to cover up hair and body. This is the result. Amazed by how my "hijab" matches my Batman-hoodie so well. And who knew that denim tights, a dolphin sarong, a floral blouse and a white scarf would make such a lovely outfit?


Petra, Jordan. One of the new seven wonders of the world. Amazing! The funniest part was when we were going into the royal tombs, and there was a group of jordanian 15-year olds who found it much more interesting to photograph, film and follow us instead of looking at the actual destination. At one point when me and another girl stopped to talk to a local bedouin woman, a few of them stopped about 5 ft away and started posing next to us and taking pictures "with" us.


The plumbing in Jordan is not the best. At some restaurants they had these mini-showers to use to wash your behind instead of toilet paper so the pipes wouldn't get clogged. I just used paper and prayed to God and Allah and all the rest of them that it would flush.

I ate food so spicy it made me tear up. Jordanian food is good, but half the time I didn't know what I was eating. They eat a lot of hummus, I've had hummus on this kind of pita-bread for breakfast for a week.

You'd think that when theres 30 degrees celsius outside the pool would be warm, but no.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment